Adult passengers 18 and over must show identification that is valid the airport checkpoint to be able to travel.
- Driver’s licenses or any other state picture identification cards released by Department of cars (or equivalent)
- U.S. passport
- U.S. passport card
- DHS trusted tourist cards (worldwide Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
- U.S. Department of Defense ID, including IDs released to dependents
- Permanent resident card
- Border crossing card
- State-issued Enhanced Driver’s License
- Federally respected, tribal-issued picture ID
- HSPD-12 PIV card
- International government-issued passport
- Canadian provincial motorist’s permit or Indian and Northern Affairs Canada card
- Transportation worker recognition credential
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Solutions Employment Authorization Card (I-766)
- U.S. Merchant Mariner Credential
In coordination featuring its DHS counterparts, TSA has identified appropriate alternative recognition for use within unique circumstances during the checkpoint.
A gun license is certainly not a form that is acceptable of. a short-term motorist’s permit just isn’t a satisfactory type of recognition.
Starting Oct. 1, 2020, in the event that you intend to make use of your state-issued ID or permit to travel in the U.S., make certain it really is REAL ID compliant. If you’re perhaps perhaps not certain that REAL ID to your ID complies, consult with your state dept. of automobiles.
TSA will not need young ones under 18 to produce recognition when vacationing with a friend in the united states of america. Contact the flight for concerns regarding specific ID requirements for tourists under 18.
Forgot Your ID?
If you get to the airport without legitimate recognition, you may still be allowed to fly because it is lost or at home. The TSA officer may request you to finish an identification verification procedure which include information that is collecting as the title, current target, as well as other private information to verify your identification. If for example the identification is verified, you shall be permitted to go into the testing checkpoint. You’ll be susceptible to extra assessment, to incorporate a patdown and assessment of carry-on property.
You’ll not be permitted to go into the safety checkpoint in case the identification can’t be verified, you thought we would maybe not offer identification that is proper you decrease to cooperate with all the identification verification procedure.
TSA suggests which you reach least couple of hours prior to your trip time.
In case the identification can’t be confirmed, you shall never be permitted to go into the testing checkpoint.